Dave Wakely Mediator
After years as a local union leader I became frustrated by how discussions elevated to disputes even when the parties were not that far apart. I saw that through using interest based negotiations and mediation parties could reach mutually beneficial agreements that increased the productivity of the workplace and the security of the workforce. I successfully integrated interest based negotiation into my organization and my passion for problem solving and helping others drove me to the practice of Mediation. I have mediated disputes in the government, healthcare, aerospace, creative, and manufacturing sectors.
ExperienceSpending 16 years as a union representative has provided me experience in:
- Negotiating Termination Settlements
- Resolving Member on Member Complaints
- Resolving Human Rights Complaints
- Negotiating over 500 Million Dollars in Contracts
- Honours B.A. in Labour Studies (York University) (Summa Cum Laude)
- Chartered Mediator (C. Med) - ADRIC
- Dispute Resolution Training - York University
- Negotiation Mastery - Harvard HBX
- Civil Procedure - ADRIO
- Ethics for Practicing Mediators - ADRIO
- LL.M. in Dispute Resolution (Osgoode Hall Law School)
Medical InsightAfter achieving honours standing in both the Primary Care Paramedic and Advanced Care Paramedic programs at Humber College, I worked as a front line Paramedic in Peel Region for over a decade. My clinical education and experience provide insight into cases with a medical element.
Book DaveClick here to book a mediation with Dave